Message Regarding COVID-19
San Francisco Federal Credit Union continues to monitor what is going on with COVID-19. The health and safety of our employees, members and communities are important to us and remain a top priority. We are following all protocols established by federal, state and local officials.
What We Are Doing:
- We have a dedicated team that is keeping informed of the updates regarding COVID-19 and utilizing various resources including federal, state and local officials, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and World Health Organization (WHO).
- We have deployed several employees to work from home and continue to work on advancing technology to support those efforts.
- We have increased branch cleaning and providing the necessary essentials for employees (hand sanitizer, masks and hand washing breaks).
- We are not doing any traveling at this time and all previously booked business travel has been cancelled.
- We are asking anyone who may be sick to avoid entering the branches.
- We are now requiring as part of the mandate by the Department of Public Health that anyone who enters the branches wear a face covering.
- We are practicing social distancing, wearing masks and eliminated all face-to-face meetings deemed non-essential.
- We are limiting the number of people who can be inside a branch at any given time.
We have made the decision to temporarily close our Financial District Branch on 311 California Street until further notice. Please note that closure is not due to any identified COVID-19 cases, but a thoughtful business decision to support the city of San Francisco in its efforts If any changes occur, we will keep you posted.
During the shelter-in-place, we want you to know that our branches (with the exception of Financial District) and the Call Center are open during regular business hours to serve you. If you need assistance with your account and prefer not to visit a local branch, call us at 415-775-5377. We also encourage you to use Online and Mobile Banking and ATMs when possible.
We are in an unprecedented time, searching for new ways to navigate daily life as the world deals with COVID-19. As businesses temporarily close and the financial markets experience significant volatility, it is understandable that people are on edge and especially worried about their finances.
As the Credit Union with a 66-year history in San Francisco and San Mateo counties, we want our communities to know that we are here to help with their financial needs in both good and challenging times. If you need payment relief on any of our loans, just give us a call at 415-775-5377. We are offering sixty (60) day payment deferments on all loans* that you have with San Francisco Federal Credit Union, this includes home loans, credit cards, auto loans, HELOCs, personal anddebt consolidation loans, and taxi medallions. During the deferment period there will be no late fees or adverse credit reporting to worry about. If you haven’t requested a deferment and incur a late fee**, just let us know and we will reverse it promptly.
For those who do not currently have a loan with us and are looking for ways to pay their bills, we have solutions, for both members and non-members, San Francisco Federal Credit Union is offering these super low loan rates:
- Personal loans as low as 1.99% up to $50,000 (just what you need in an emergency)
- Debt Consolidation loans as low as 3.49% up to $50,000
- Credit Cards as low as 3.20% up to $50,000, which is the lowest rate in the nation! (this rate is below prime and is our fully indexed rate)
- Auto loans as low as 0.99% up to $100,000
- In order to help keep our economy going, and to put our money to use in ways that are also good for the environment, we are offering 1.00% off published loan rates for hybrid/electric cars.***
We are considered by the government to be an “essential business.” That means our branches are open! (With the exception of our temporarily closed FiDi branch) .Our hours remain the same. So stop by a branch and talk to a Branch Services Representative about how we can help you out financially. Or call our Service Center at 415-775-5377 to learn more about what we can do for you.
Staying healthy is your #1 priority, not worrying about your finances, so we are breaking down barriers to ensure you can focus on more pressing issues.
We look forward to helping you and have something for everyone during this time of need.
*Loans must be in place for a minimum of 30 days
**The continuance of late fee reversals will be evaluated each month
*** Please Note: Rates cannot be lower than 0.99% APR. This promotion is not available for internal refinanced loan applications.