San Francisco Federal Credit Union offers a full suite of financial services, all with lower rates and higher interest earnings than big banks. Our members can select from a variety of products and services, including savings and checking accounts, personal and home loans, credit cards, CDs and IRAs. As a not-for-profit and member-owned organization, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch, personalized service. Membership is only $5, which gets deposited directly into your savings account!
You are eligible to join San Francisco Federal Credit Union if you meet ANY of the following criteria:
- You live, work, worship or attend school in San Francisco or San Mateo counties.
- You are a relative of a current member, defined as spouses, children, sisters, brothers, grandparents, grandchildren, step-relatives and adoptive children.
If you are not eligible through the above requirements, please select the option below to help us establish your membership. There is no charge or obligation to you by establishing membership through a qualifying organization:
- MyPath* (https://mypathus.org), a national non-profit focused on paving economic pathways for low-income youth.
* Please note: There will be no ongoing commitment or charge to you solely as a result of the Credit Union opening your account through MyPath. Once you have completed your application, we will qualify you for membership in the Credit Union through MyPath. San Francisco Federal Credit Union does not warrant, endorse or guarantee any of the products or services offered by the MyPath organization. Additionally, we appreciate the trust that you place in us and recognize the importance of protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Keeping this information secure is a top priority for us. Therefore, we will not sell, rent, or share your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties. However, if you become eligible as a member in the Credit Union as a result of your participation with MyPath your contact information will be shared with MyPath.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please make sure you have these items handy:
- Copy of your valid California Drive License or ID or Passport
- One of these items below for address verification:
- Valid and Current Lease
- PG&E Bill
- Water Bill
- Garbage Bill
- Internet/Cable Bill
- Cell Phone Bill
- Bank Statement
- Medical Bill
- Insurance Card
Our Service Area
San Francisco Credit Union is dedicated to serving the counties of San Francisco and San Mateo.
The benefits of joining San Francisco Federal Credit Union:
- San Francisco Federal Credit Union offers better rates of return on savings accounts and share certificates than most banks.
- Becoming a member means that you have access to loans with lower APR than most banks.
- No opening deposit and no minimum balance required on checking accounts.
- Profits made at a credit union are paid back to you in the form of dividends, instead of being paid to shareholders.
- Members have access to 29,000+ ATMs nationwide.
- Deposited funds insured by NCUA.
- Decisions are made by members, not by investors.
Low Rate Auto Loans
We have the perfect auto loan to fit your needs, with low rates and flexible terms. We are here to make sure you are getting the best rate and unparalleled service. Learn more
We believe that you shouldn’t have to pay to store your money with us. Our checking accounts have no monthly service charge, no monthly minimum balance, and many other benefits! Learn more
Home Mortgage Loans
Enjoy personal service and fast approvals and close in as little as 30 days! We provide our credit union members with superior quality home financing. Learn More
At San Francisco Federal Credit Union, we offer a variety of accounts to meet your savings and investing needs. Some of the accounts our members can open include:
- Individual Retirement Accounts (Traditional and Roth)
- Educational Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Youth Account
- Uniform Transfer to Minor Account