PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNTS!
Just Say NO!
- When someone asks for your online bank account numbers
- When an online “friend” asks you to deposit a check or open a new account
- When a social media “friend” asks for any of your personal financial information, especially your social security number
- When someone you haven’t met in person asks you to send/wire them money
- If someone you’ve only met on social media offers you a job and asks you to buy and send them bitcoin, money orders or gift cards
- If someone you’ve only met on social media asks you to buy a plane ticket for them
- When someone you meet – whether it be in person or online – asks for help cashing a check by depositing it into your own account, sending them a portion of the money, and telling you that you can keep the rest of the money
Saying no means you will not let yourself become a victim of fraud, you will not aid and abet a criminal and, most importantly, you will keep your hard-earned money safe!
Protecting your accounts is a top priority for us at San Francisco Federal Credit Union.
For more information, go to the Federal Trade Commission website and read about social media scammers and romance scam schemes.